Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Glory to God in 6:15 HD

Our resident guest blogger- Jeremiah McBride is in the House!
So now the time comes, in October 2008, to separate the men from the, well, let’s call a spade a spade, and just say the girls. Tampa Frat House kicks off for the Fall and it’s high time we start showing our masculinity for God. I would like to quote Morgan Freeman’s character in the Civil War movie Glory just before the big battle scene: “It’s time to kick in like men…….LIKE MEN!”

Over the next four weeks, those who attend Frat House will experience something not many other groups can boast about: connection and trust. When we come into this unique meeting, we have the opportunity to engage with those who are facing the same challenges, and to those who can understand our every struggle. We can then connect, because as men walking with God, we all face the same “lions”: leading our families, spreading the Truth in a world full of doubt, and the list can go on and on.

With this connection, comes trust. Trust in the fact that what happens in the Frat House, stays in the Frat House.

I hope that those who cannot attend for work or illness will stay plugged in with this blog. There will be a weekly update so that the call of duty will not hinder your connection to Frat House. For these men as well, we will be praying for your safe journey and hasty return so that we can all come together again as brothers and men in Christ.

Godspeed and we will see you at the House.


.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I don't fight back, I typically shut down and bite my lip. But I don't let it get swept under the rug for long, I've seen that destroy enough people & relationships.

I have a lot of guy friends who are in lots of battles-some they need to man-up and fight, some they need another perspective on. That's why I'm sold-out to this Frat House thing, b/c this is a place I know guys can/will be real w/ me about having similar struggles, and practical next steps. Its good to know I'm not the only one trying (but struggling) to live a Godly life.